If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I make breakfast burritos a few times a week with leftovers and homemade salsas and whatever bits of cheese are lying around. Add scrambled eggs and a few quick pan fried potatoes and you are there! I generally use a good melting cheese such as havarti or pepper jack….a soft goats cheese...but whatever you have around is the point. This particular one was made with the creamy cheese and a super-quick tomatillo salsa that can blitzed while the potatoes are frying. The result is creamy with eggs and the tart green sauce, and crispy the flecks of roast chicken…..the pan fried potato and the crunchy + soft tortilla is heaven on a plate. —olive
- 1 1/4 cup, (or so) leftover roasted chicken, shredded
- a few bits of chicken stock
- 1 medium yukon gold (or other) potato, chopped thinly into sticks
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 torn slice (or shredded) Havarti cheese, or any other you have
- 2 eggs
- a few knobs of butter (to fry eggs in)
- salt and freshly cracked pepper
- tomatillo salsa- 5 tomatillos, 1 garlic clove, 1/2 a jalapeño, 1 avocado + salt to taste, whizzed up in the blender
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Warm shredded chicken in a casserole in the oven splashing with olive oil and chicken stock beforehand so it doesn't dry out. Or just sauté briefly in butter and/or olive oil. Keep warm.
- Fry potato in olive oil and let brown a bit before clamping a lid on so they cook super quickly. They'll go sort of go sticky and fried and delicious! Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- While the chicken is warming and the potato is frying, scramble eggs to your liking (I like very soft, creamy eggs!!) Do you?
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface and added shredded or torn bits of cheese over, then scrambled eggs in (keeping things in the middle) chicken in, salsa, potatoes, and chopped cilantro. Roll up burrito style and place in a medium-hot skillet with a bit of butter or olive oil and lightly toast on 2 sides.
- Wrap in tin foil and and let rest while the coffee brews…..
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch