If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Lovely appetizer infused with the brightness of lime and basil and with the heat of curry. We also serve this dish as an entrée with sticky white rice. It is a crowd pleaser and can easily be doubled. —Mimi
Makes 12 meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken (I prefer dark meat)
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- 1.5 tablespoons sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons nam pla (Asian fish sauce)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 14.5 ounces coconut milk (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon nam pla
- 1 juice of one lime
- 1 zest of one lime
- Combine all ingredients for meatball in bowl. Form into 12 meatballs and place on parchment paper.
- Brown the meatballs in nonstick pan in two batches, each with 1T oil.
- In a large saucepan (I use wide a 3.5 quart), combine ingredients for the sauce except for the lime zest.
- Mix well and cook over low until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add meatballs and increase heat to medium-low. Simmer meatballs in sauce until cooked all the way through, turning them occasionally (cook for about 15 minutes).
- Serve with lime zest on top.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken