If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is our family's go-to recipe for meatballs. Given its diversity, we love them. For this dish, I can sneak in veggies and introduce spices that the boys would not otherwise be willing to try. —Amy Freeze
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg, whisked
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 juice from lemon
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoe
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 lemon, cut into slices
- 1 bag of egg noodles, cooked according to package directions
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, grated onion, bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, parsley, 1 garlic clove, and egg. Using a cookie scoop, form into meatballs.
- Bake on an aluminum foil lined cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
- While meatballs are baking, heat olive oil in a large skillet or sauce pan. Saute onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, and carrots until onion is translucent.
- Deglaze pan with lemon juice.
- Add spices and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Reduce heat.
- Add meatballs, black olives, and lemon slices. Continue simmering over low heat for 20 minutes.
- Serve over cooked egg noodles
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken