If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Everyone loves this creamy pasta dotted with colorful veggies from our garden. —Jenny Casteel Unternahrer
- 3-4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 6 ounces favorite pasta, cooked (not spaghetti)
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
Garlic Cream Sauce
- olive oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cups white wine (depends on intensity of wine)
- 1/3 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese
- Garlic Cream Sauce: Drizzle a little olive oil in pan, add garlic and saute for just a moment or two so as not to burn the garlic. Add the flour, cooking for a moment. Then add the half and half, wine, and spinach to the flour mixture. Bring to a boil. Add Parmesan and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Primavera: Cut chicken breast so they are even thickness and take the tips off. Save the extra bits for another dish.
- Add to a bowl with a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Coat evenly and then grill. Cut into chunks.
- Dice or chop your veggies and saute in a little bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper until they are soft. You can use other favorite veggies like zucchini and yellow squash, broccoli. Ideas are unlimited. If your kids don't like those then dice them finer.
- Mix together your cooked pasta, cooked chicken chunks and veggies and the sauce. Spread into a baking dish and cover with cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is brown and dish is bubbly hot.