If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Like banana bread, but ready in half the time!
To combat all the chocolate we’re inundated with around Valentine’s Day (but don’t get me wrong, I love chocolate), here’s a sweet little healthy-ish treat. Banana bread muffins, like banana bread, but ready in half the time! These are especially good as mini muffins – a 1-bite treat, perfect for snacking! Share them with your co-workers, and spread the love.
Happy Valentine’s Day! —FirstTimeFoods
Makes 24 muffins (or 18 muffins + 12 mini muffins)
- 3 3 over-ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- chocolate chips, optional
- walnuts or pecans, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325*F.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a potato masher or a wooden spoon. Add in the 2 eggs, vanilla, and oil and mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir to combine. If adding chocolate chips or nuts, stir in at this point.
- Spoon the batter into muffin cups, about 3/4 of the way to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!