If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Egg Muffins filled with honey goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, caramelized onions, peas and homemade chicken sausage with an almond flour grain free savory crust. Super filling and high protein, these muffins are also gluten free and grain free! —Andie
Makes 7 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium sweet onion
- pinches salt
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk, almond milk, or cream
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- pinches salt
- pinches pepper
- 4 homemade chicken sausage patties chopped into small pieces *See note in instructions
- 3-4 ounces honey goat cheese (can buy this at trader joes or you can use regular goat cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 350 and grease 7 large muffin tins (not cupcake tins these are smaller).
- Start by making the crust. Combine the almond flour, salt, baking soda, and Italian seasoning. In a separate bowl lightly whisk the olive oil and water together. Add the olive oil/water to the dry ingredients and mix until the dough comes together. Separate the dough into seven balls and press the dough into the bottom and halfway up the sides of each of the seven muffin tins.
- Bake the crusts for about 10 min or until each crust is lightly browned. While the crusts are baking start preparing the filling.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Slice the onion and add it to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium low and add a pinch of salt. Sauté the onion for 3 minutes until translucent and begin to brown. Add the agave nectar and stir. Let the onions sauté until they begin to caramelize. Now add the chicken sausage* and stir. Add more olive if needed and let cook about 3 minutes then remove from the heat to cool. *NOTE: See my chicken sausage recipe to make your own homemade chicken sausage or use your favorite premade chicken sausage. You can also use ham, turkey or bacon if you prefer.
- In a medium bowl crack the eggs and add the milk, a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together and then add the remaining filling ingredients. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the filling into each of the cups. Crumble about 1/2 an ounce of goat on top of each muffin and bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the egg has set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe