Author Notes: I loved Kenzi Wilbur's "Almost Flourless Cake with Meyer Lemon" posted on this site, but wanted to give it a nutty, gluten-free twist. My version is just as light, fudgy, and delicious, but showcases my favorite flavor combination--- chocolate and almonds! —Pammorgan
Makes: 1 9-inch cake
ounces dark chocolate, chopped
ounces european butter, cubed
teaspoon almond extract
tablespoon almond flour
teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat the oven to 375º F, and butter a 9-inch springform cake pan. Line the base of the pan with parchment, and butter that, too.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler, stirring continuously. Once it begins to melt, add the butter, and keep stirring until both are fully melted. Add the sugar, stir to combine, and set aside to cool.
- Add the eggs one at time, mixing very well after each. Once batter is smooth, mix in all remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for about 25-35 minutes depending on your oven. You’ll know it’s ready when the top just starts to get crackly and the center no longer jiggles
- Let the cake cool in its pan on a rack for 10 minutes. Remove springform top carefully.
- Serve in wedges warm or room temperature with ice cream or whipped cream. Enjoy