If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Originally from Food and Wine, I have adapted it to suit my tastes and using more affordable and flavorful top sirloin steak —loubaby
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon EACH: dry mustard, brown sugar,onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger, black pepper
- 10 anchovy fillets, minced
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and let them stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a bowl, combine dry mustard, brown sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, ginger and pepper: smash and mix in anchoives;stir in water to form paste. Spread the paste on both sides of the steaks and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Grill the steaks over moderate-high heat for about 3-5 minutes per side, until doneness desired. Let the steaks rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies