- Serves 8-10
The most requested cake of all time in my family. The recipe started out almost unbearably indulgent, (2 sticks of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 1 and 1/2 cups of sour cream) but we've managed to make some healthier additions over time. —Olivia
What You'll Need
- Sugar, Cinnamon, Brown Sugar, Chopped nuts (usually walnuts but feel free to use whatever you'd like)
- Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla, Yogurt, Flour, Baking Soda, Baking Powder, Salt, Chocolate Chips
1 and 1/2 cups
1 and 1/2 teaspoons
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bundt pan well. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon, brown sugar, and chopped nuts. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla, and yogurt. In a separate bowl, sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt together. Slowly mix the dry and wet ingredients. Add chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Pour a small amount of nut mixture into the bottom of the greased pan. Add 1/2 batter and cover generously with nut mixture. Add the rest of the batter and cover with remaining nut mixture. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Watch fairly closely for the last 10 minutes to make sure the top doesn't brown too much.