If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what happens when you combine chocolate and health. I highly recommend it.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, peanut free, tree nut free, wheat free, corn free, legume free, refined sugar free, and vegan. —Kait Turshen
- 3 tablespoons flaxseed, finely ground
- 1/2 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup natural cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup allergy friendly chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ground flaxseed and coffee. If you do not have coffee on hand, use warm water. Whisk well and set aside for 5 minutes. This will serve as your “egg” in the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine maple syrup, olive oil, vanilla extract, and flaxseed; whisk until well combined. Sift in cocoa, flour, sea salt, and baking soda, in that order, so that the lightest, finest ingredients are sifted first; the heaviest, coarsest ingredients last. Once dry ingredients have been sifted in, mix batter until just combined. Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Top with remaining ¼ cup chocolate chips and ¼ cup pomegranate seeds. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. Allow brownies to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cooled, using parchment paper, lift brownies out of pan and onto a cutting board; cut into 2-inch squares.