If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: adapted from Jacques Torres' NYT Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
i think soy sauce saves lives.
i also think chocolate chip cookies are fine for dinner. —Lan | MoreStomach
Makes: 4 dozen
ounces cake flour
ounces AP flour
teaspoons baking soda
teaspoons baking powder
sticks vegan butter
ounces light brown sugar
teaspoons soy sauce
pounds chocolate chips or chunks
sesame seeds, to roll dough in
- in a bowl, sift all dry ingredients
- in mixing bowl cream the vegan butter with sugars until fluffy. add eggs, one at a time until incorporated. add in the soy sauce. reduce speed, and in 3 batches, add in the dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated. gently, add in the chocolate chips or chunks. cover with plastic and refrigerate 24-26 hours. can be kept in fridge for up to 72 hours, if not used after that period, freeze them.
- when ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F.
- line a baking sheet with parchment paper. on plate, pour out some sesame seeds.
- using an ice cream scoop, scoop out dough. i typically bake in batches of 6. roll dough around sesame seeds. bake for 18 minutes. allow to cool on sheet a few minutes, then cool completely on rack.
- typically, we form the cookies and line them up side by side on parchment’d baking sheets, freeze them and then put them in freezer bags for quick desserts or snacks. if baking straight from freezer, add about a minute or two to the bake time.