If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Simple, easy and the old fashion way. A delight. You will find similar ones in traditional French recipe books, but here the anchovies are de-salted which make for a less salty Tapenade. —Kenza Saadi
- 2 ounces anchovies (60 gr)
- 9 ounces black Greek olives - seedless (250 gr)
- 2 ounces capers (60 gr)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (6 cl)
- the juice of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon thyme (or a branch)
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- First de-salt the anchovies by leaving them in milk for two to three hours. They can stay overnight as well. This is a good first step so that the Tapenade does not come out too salty.
- In a mixer, place all the ingredients and mix until you get an almost smooth paste. It is actually delicious if you still have little pieces of olives and capers.
- If you feel the taste is too blend or you want to add some "pep", just add more lemon juice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies