If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Grilled center-cut salmon fillets topped with tart blood orange and caper salsa. —Riley Wofford
- 3 blood oranges, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup fresh blood orange juice
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts)
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 (6 ounce) center-cut salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Stir together the orange segments, orange juice, parsley, cilantro, scallions, capers, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and olive oil in a medium bowl to combine. Season with salt, to taste.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large ovenproof skillet over high heat, until the oil is smoking. Drizzle the agave nectar over the skinless side of the salmon fillets and season with salt and pepper. Place the fillets, skinless side down, in the skillet and sear for about 1 minute, until a golden brown crust forms. Flip the salmon fillets over and transfer the pan to the oven. Cook for 10 to 12 minutes, until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Transfer the salmon to plates and spoon the salsa verde over the top.