If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This simple dish packs a double dose of briny flavor, with anchovies and capers pairing with fresh smelts and seasoned with lemon juice —brancica
- 2 pounds fresh smelts, cleaned
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 - 3 anchovy filets, chopped
- 4 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1 pound dried pasta of your choice, prepared
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet. Add garlic, parsley, hot pepper flakes, anchovies, salt and pepper. Saute 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and white wine. Reduce till a sauce consistency.
- Add smelts and tomatoes and cook over sauce till done - less than five minutes. Adjust seasonings. Remove smelts from sauce.
- Pour sauce over prepared pasta. Arrange smelts on top and garnish with lemon slices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies