If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A gooey treat that will satisfy even the most intense 2pm craving. Adapted from Smitten Kitchen. —Julie Myers
Makes about 20 blondies
- 1 stick of butter (4 ounces), melted
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- About 1/2 cups peanut butter for swirling
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° and butter an 8×8 pan.
- Mix melted butter with brown sugar – beat until smooth. Beat in egg and then vanilla.
- Add salt, stir in flour, then chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan. Dollop drops of peanut butter over the batter (about 1 per blondie piece, or as desired). Swirl with finger.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until set in the middle. Gooey is good.
- Optional: as soon as the blondies come out of the oven, sprinkle with additional chips (for aesthetics, mostly). Let cool completely, cut, and serve!
More Great Recipes: Desserts