If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Shahi Paneer is a thick gravy dish made out of Paneer and often used as a side dish for Roti, Chappathy, Naan or other Indian Breads. It is a Punjabi Dish native of Punjab State of India. Check for more recipes at : http://www.annamsrecipes.com/ —Annam Senthilkumar
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 Green chilli
- 1/2 cup Fresh curd
- 2 tablespoons Fresh cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 2 Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (or)Shajeera
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 inch Ginger
- Cut the paneer in to cubes. Slit green chilli. Chop onion in to cubes. Peel ginger and garlic. Boil onion, ginger, garlic, cashew and badam in the sauce pan with one cup of water for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Strain the ingredients boiled and keep the stock for grinding and gravy. Grind the boiled ingredients in the mixie using stalk water. Heat oil in a non stick pan and add all the seasonings. When they crackle add green chilli and ground onion paste and sauté till the oil separates.
- Then add all the powders except cardamom powder and sauté for a few minutes. Add curd and salt and sauté for a while.Then add stalk water and boil for a few minutes.
- Add paneer and cardamom powder and gently stir for a few minutes. Finally sprinkle fresh cream, coriander and saffron over it and serve with phulkas.