If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are many recipes on the internet for vegetarian chili. But heres a really simple and delicious variation on this increasingly popular dish. I made this for myself and it is about 4 very large servings or in my case like 8 small servings. So when I got tired of eating leftovers I simple added a nice amount of vegetable stock and it turned into a bean and vegetable soup. Also very delicious! —ashley
Makes 4 large servings
- 1 squash
- 1 zucchini
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 large carrots
- 4 stalks of celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 cans of beans (i used a trio of black beans, pinto, and kidney beans)
- 1 regular size can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- hot sauce to taste (i like it spicy, so i went crazy here)
- vegetable stock as needed
- Chop up all the vegetables as desired. First start with a hot pan and add olive oil. Then sauté the chopped carrots, bell pepper, and celery for about 4 minutes. Then add garlic and diced onions for another 4 minutes or until the mixture of veggies is slightly soft. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer everything to a crock pot.
- Add tomato paste, beans, and chopped squash and zucchini to the sautéed mixture in the crock pot. Stir so that everything is coated. Add salt and pepper. Add vegetable stock as needed to get the right consistency. Add hot sauce and other spices if desired (get creative). Cook on low for about 10 hours. Voila, delicious, heartwarming, and healthy chili is ready! I garnished mine with cheese, sour cream, and lime juice! If you are vegan, try lime juice, diced avocado, and cilantro!