If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Like bacon, these fried anchovies with garlic attract a lot of attention from curious family members who want a taste before sitting down to eat. If you let everyone who wants a taste have some, there will be none left for you. —purduetina
- 5 cloves garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3.5 ounces anchovy in oil
- chopped parsley for garnish
- 4-6 ounces angel hair pasta
- Cook the pasta and set aside.
- The anchovy sauce cooks very fast. Heat up 4 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a small sauce pan Lightly brown the garlic slices in the hot oil and then remove them when golden brown with a slotted spoon, set aside. Add the anchovies to the hot oil and stir gently with a fork to break up. Cover and cook for no more than one minute. Watch closely as they cook up fast. The actual amount of time to cook the anchovies should not be more than 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and add the garlic slices to the anchovies.
- ******For low sodium diets the anchovy should be soaked in bowl of water for 24 hours prior to cooking. Change the water frequently at least 4 times. After 24 hours of soaking, straining and changing the water, strain the anchovy one more time and proceed as above. This process of soaking the anchovy removes a lot of the sodium. Taste one of the anchovies to see if enough salt has been removed.