If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Want to take your eggs to the next level? Want a little spice in the morning to move things along? I was shown this recipe by my Indian friend. It's so easy!! You just need the right spices...The secret: Kitchen King (found in any Indian grocery store) —Natalie
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons Kitchen King (spice blend)
- 1 cup Spinach
- 1/2 cup Cilantro
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- Heat oil on medium high (I use olive, but any will do) in a large saucepan. Once oil is hot, add cumin seeds and turmeric. Stir it a bit and the the cumin seeds get nice and toasty.
- Add the choppen onion and sautee for about 2 minutes. While that's happening -- crack your eggs and beat them up with a fork. Put the spinach, peppers, and spices in the eggs and mix.
- Once onions are translucent, add the egg mixture to the pan and occasionally stir it around like you would with scrambled eggs. Add salt to taste at this point -- this dish needs a lot of salt! Once the eggs are cooked through, serve it up and garnish with cilantro. Yum!
- Side note: you can really add any ingredients to this recipe -- just as long as you've got the spices right. Kitchen king can be found in any indian grocery store. It's a blend of a whole bunch of yummy spices and my friend says she never cooks without it!
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch