If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Happy National Banana Cream Pie Day! I start every morning with a protein smoothie, and this banana-tastic version is by far the favorite in my flavor rotation. Take out the protein powder and it's a great frozen sweet treat after a meal.
The Maca powder is an optional ingredient, but highly recommended as it adds a great nutty, malted taste, without the allergens. The dates and stevia are optional as well, depending on how sweet you want this frozen treat.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, peanut free, tree nut free, corn free, legume free, refined sugar free, vegan, and no sugar added. Make this recipe Paleo by using a Paleo-friendly non-dairy milk like hemp milk or flax milk. —Kait Turshen
- 1 cup allergy friendly non-dairy milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 organic banana
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 serving allergy friendly protein powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground ginger
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 3 dates, pitted [optional]
- 1 tablespoon Maca powder [optional]
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia [optional]
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. Pour into a chilled glass, garnish with a banana wheel and festive straw, and slurp away!