If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Heart healthy and full flavored…it’s Greek to you! Marinated for moistness, chicken breasts say “opaa” when sauced with tangy low-fat yogurt spiked with fresh herbs and the Vitamin C and Limonene of lemon juice and lemon peel. —Susan E. Levy
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon peel
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons oregano and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- Combine the yogurt, lemon peel and juice, oregano, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Put the chicken into a dish and spread about ¼ cup of the yogurt sauce over the chicken. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate the remaining yogurt sauce.
- Place the chicken on a rack in a baking pan and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the oven on to broil and continue cooking about 5 minutes, until the chicken is browned and cooked through. (Adjust the rack higher if necessary)
- Spoon the remaining yogurt sauce over the chicken and serve with veggie confetti salad.
- Per serving: 229 calories, 38 gm protein, 7 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm fat, 1 gm sat, 1 gm mono, 96 mg cholesterol,1 gm fiber, 273 mg sodium