If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, peanut free, tree nut free, corn free, legume free, refined sugar free, vegan, and Paleo.
For berries, I used a mix of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. But again, feel free to take liberties with picking your own berries here. You could even throw in cherries, if you so dare!
Four cups of berries, a dash of wine, and 20 minutes later, this little adult after work treat was born. For the wine, I used a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon from Sterling Vineyards that I happened to have already opened, but any red wine of choice will do.
If you don't have an ice cream maker on hand, you can still enjoy! See below for directions on making without the fancy appliance. Cheers! —Kait Turshen
- 4 cups frozen mixed berries, thawed
- 1 cup maple syrup or agave
- pinches fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup red wine of choice
- Combine all berries, maple syrup/agave, and salt in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker* and process for 15-20 minutes; add wine and continue to process until the mixture is thick and creamy in texture.
- If you're looking for a firmer texture, transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze for approximately 2 hours. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
- *No ice cream maker? No problem! Simply process all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Transfer to a freezer safe container and freeze until solid. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.