If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I am not a mayo person. I hate mayonnaise (unless it's home-made and really good). But Caesar salad is amazing (especially with poached eggs on top that add to the creaminess of the dressing) and so is yogurt.
Original recipe at modernpopcooking.com ! —Valentina Solfrini
Makes about half a cup
- Half cup Natural plain yogurt*
- 3 Anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, roasted
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Grated parmesan (EXTRA)**
- Start by roasting the garlic cloves with the skin on in a 200 C? (390 F?) for 10 minutes, until tender. Squish it out of the skin in a jar (or to the bowl where you're preparing your salad). Roasting the garlic will make the dressing less harsh and more digestible. If you're fine with raw garlic, just chop it very finely and skip the cooking.
- Finely chop the anchovy fillets and add them to the vessel you're using, together with the other ingredients. Mix well. It will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. Spoon over Caesar salad. Poached eggs version aside, I find it lovely with flaked steamed salmon.
- * To save on calories, you can use skim. Still, full-fat yogurt will get you an even tastier dressing. ** I am only using a tbsp here, assuming you'll add more cheese to the final salad. Add more Parmesan to taste if you like.