If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These have a salty pretzel crust with a milk chocolate-peanut butter filling and a smooth chocolate glaze on top. —Riley Wofford
Food52 Review: WHO: Riley Wofford is an International Culinary Center graduate who hates eggplant but loves Diet Coke.
WHAT: An addictive, crunchy, three-layer alternative to peanut butter cups.
HOW: In a small baking pan, top a layer of sugared Rice Krispies and crushed pretzels with a mixture of melted peanut butter and milk chocolate. Cover the whole thing in a bittersweet chocolate coating.
WHY WE LOVE IT: There isn't much to say about these bars other than "Woah." They combine a few of our favorite things: peanut butter, chocolate, and pretzels. And, they're incredibly easy to make, which is lucky considering how quickly they'll disappear. —The Editors
Makes: 30 bars
For the crust:
cup crushed salted pretzels
cup Rice Krispies cereal
tablespoons light corn syrup
tablespoons unsalted butter
- Spray an 8- x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the pretzels and cereal in a large bowl and set aside. In a small saucepan over high heat, combine the sugar, water, and corn syrup. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until a candy thermometer registers 235º F. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Pour the mixture over the cereal/pretzel mixture and quickly stir until completely coated. Press the mixture over the bottom of the prepared pan and let cool to room temperature as you prepare the top.
For the top and assembly:
ounces milk chocolate, chopped
cup creamy peanut butter
ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
stick unsalted butter
teaspoon light corn syrup
- Combine the milk chocolate and peanut butter in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the cooled crust and spread into an even layer. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour, until the layer is hardened.
- Combine the bittersweet chocolate, butter, and corn syrup in the top of a double boiler placed over simmering water, stirring until the mixture is smooth. Pour the mixture over the cooled layer of milk chocolate and spread evenly. Chill for about 1 hour, until the glaze is hardened. Cut into squares or bars and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe is a Wildcard Contest Winner!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!