Author Notes: I took my favorite marinade for brussel sprouts (Closet Cooking) and adapted it for use on juicy tender bone in skin on chicken thighs. —Lena
bone in skin on chicken thighs (excess fat trimmed off)
cup whole grain mustard
cup dijon mustard
cup maple syrup
cup apple cider vinegar
cloves of garlic, minced
freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustards, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and garlic. After you get a smooth consistency add pepper to taste (I used probably 1/2 a teaspoon, you don’t need a lot here).
- Arrange the chicken skin side up in a casserole pan (I needed to use two to fit them all) and pour 2/3 of the marinade over the chicken. Toss to fully coat the thighs.
- Roast chicken for about 50 minutes, after 35 minutes brush on the remaining marinade.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard