If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Satisfy your hainanese chicken rice cravings without the guild and the dark meat. —Al Nepomuceno-Baloy
- 3 chicken breasts
- 5 whole ginger
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- salt to taste
- 1 chicken cube (optional)
- Set up the steamer. Place enough water on the main vessel and add some salt. I added salt to the water so I don't need to season my chicken (because I am lazy that way). K would place one chicken cube in place of salt since he feels it makes the chicken more tasty. Totally up to you. If you're going to make rice, make sure you have tons of water and I would suggest using the chicken cube.
- Mince all the ginger you have.
- Heat up a small sauce pan and place your sesame oil. Dunk the minced ginger and saute.
- Cut your chicken into strips. Any size you want as long as it fits the steamer.
- Place the chicken on the steamer and wait for them to cook. I just poke the chicken to check.
- Once done, serve with ginger and sesame oil on top.
- To make Hainanese rice, just use the left over water from the steamer and cook your rice with it in the rice cooker.