If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These cookies are a tradition in my family. They're tender, chocolate-y and only have 6 ingredients. This is one of the best chocolate chip cookies you'll ever taste. —Jennifer Trennum
Makes about 48 cookies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 12-oz package (1 1/2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375?degrees.
- In a stand mixer or large bowl mix butter, brown sugar and egg thoroughly. Stir in flour and baking soda (the dough will be stiff). Stir in chocolate chips just until incorporated. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. The centers will be soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.