If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We are lucky enough to have a great butcher close to us whom makes the best italian sausages, I wanted to try something different other than sausage and peppers. So on a very cold night in Florida (yes it gets cold here to 19 degrees!!) I got creative and came up with this recipe. You can use any type of mushrooms or white wine you have on hand. Enjoy! —Gotthescoop
- 2 italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 pint mushrooms
- 1 pound rigatoni or penne
- 1/2 cup champagne
- 1/4 to 1/2 cups white wine
- 2-3 tsp dijon mustard
- 2-3 tbsp marscapone
- 1/3 cup Chopped fresh parsley
- Put water on for pasta. In skillet, Cook sausage till just tender remove to bowl Add red pepper and remove to bowl Add mushroom sauté till tender remove to bowl Cook pasta till al dente Add little water to Dijon to liquefy in pan Over slow heat add Marscapone Add white wine 1/4 to 1/2 cup Over low heat stir. Taste add 1/2 cup champagne. Cook down by half. Turn heat off Chop 1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley set aside Drain pasta leaving 1/2 cup pasta water for dijon sauce Add el dente pasta to Dijon Fold in sausage, peppers and mushroom to pasta mixture Add parsley. Fold in Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard