Author Notes: Easy and elegant sandwiches made with puff pastry, honey-mustard, pecans, cabbage and chicken! They will wow your crowd! —Ronna F
Makes: 8 sandwiches
cup yellow mustard
cup chopped pecans
ounces puff pastry sheets, thawed
cup shredded cabbage
cups cooked chicken breast, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, stir honey, mustard and pecans.
- Beat egg with water.
- Unfold pastry sheets on lightly floured surface. Cut into 8 squares. Using a pastry brush, moisten right and bottom edges of each puff pastry square with egg mixture.
- Spread honey mustard mixture over pastry. Top center of each with cabbage and chicken. Fold over, forming a triangle. Press down firmly on edges with fingers or fork to make sure edge is completely sealed.
- Place sandwiches on cookie sheets, 1-inch apart. Brush tops with egg mixture. Pierce with fork to vent.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard