If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my mother's salad dressing, and, for me, it was "the best over all the rest!" My mother couldn't make enough of it fast enough that I'd go through it so fast. Here's to my Mom and her incredible cooking AND entertaining skills! —C'estVrai61
- 3 teaspoons any kind of salt
- 1 teaspoon any kind of pepper, not white
- 2 teaspoons Coleman's mustard
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian Hot Paprika or Regular
- 1 ounce cold water
- 3 ounces vinegar, whatever your choice [I use cider]
- 6 ounces first-pressed, virgin olive oil, or whatever oil you choose to use
- 3-4 pieces smashed and minced, fresh garlic
- 1. With some sort of "implement" [I use a chop-stick], stir all the ingredients well until all the lumps from the mustard and the paprika are completely ground finely. Slowly stir in the cold water until you have a "paste." Then add remaining liquids, one-at-a-time, stirring constantly until all particles are thoroughly dissolved. You can also make this dressing in a name-brand, glass "salad dressing shaker" using the measurements on the sides of the glass. Simply shake well when you add each liquid. After last stir/shake, then add the garlic pieces, and stir/shake once again. Refrigerate promptly after use, and during storing when unused.