If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delightful dish mixing wonderful flavors with a little twist, thanks to the lemon. Here served with Basmati rice with raisins. I just love its happy colors and the aroma while it cooks is sure to entice everyone! —Kenza Saadi
half breast of chicken
garlic cloves crushed
inch of fresh ginger root crushed
tablespoons olive oil (6 cl)
tablespoons Dijon mustard
generous amount of fresh herbs (mint, oregano, basil)
salt & pepper to taste
medium sized Italian tomatoes, sliced
large lemon cut in half then sliced
- In a deep oven pan, place all the spices, olive oil and mustard. Mix well.
- Place the chicken either in cubes (as the photo) or whole and make sure they are well covered with the mustard sauce.
- Place the tomato and the lemon slices at the bottom and on top of the chicken pieces.
- Cover with aluminum foil, making sure you make a few wholes in the foil to enable some steam to be released.
- Cook for 45 minutes in a 180 degrees C. oven. You can turn the pieces and mix about half way through the cooking.
- Serve with white rice or pasta, and a green salad on the side. It is also excellent cold in a sandwich. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard