If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is from "Betty Crocker, Just the Two of Us." It is delicious, and one of the easiest cakes I have ever baked. You will end up with a very small, super soft cake. I don't like the mixture of chocolate and vanilla, so I use Kahlua. —MrsK
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- confectioner's sugar, to taste
- In ungreased 9x5" loaf pan, mix flour, brown sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt with fork. Stir in remaining ingredients except chocolate chips and confectioner's sugar. Sprinkle chocolate chips over batter.
- Bake at 350 F for 25 to 30 minutes (mine took 20 minutes). Cool in pan on cooling rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.