If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is one of my 8 year old's favorites (we keep a daily breakfast rotation at home), and I am always happy to prepare this for him: the whole wheat bread adds complex starches, bananas are packed with minerals and the sprinkled almonds on top add good fats. The dulce de leche being my dose of Argentine morning love for him, this wholesome and yummy breakfast holds him over till lunch time, and can be fixed in 5 minutes. —boston foodie
- 2 slices of your favorite whole grain bread
- 1 small banana
- 2 tablespoons dulce de leche (homemade or storebought)
- handfuls of roasted almonds, chopped for garnish (optional)
- Toast the bread slices to your liking.
- While the bread is toasting, slice the banana into thin slices and reserve
- As soon as the toasts are ready, spread the dulce de leche on them. The warmth of the bread will make it melt slightly, making it all even more delicious.
- Place the banana slices on top of the dulce de leche, and garnish with the almonds, if using.
- Serve and eat immediately, while warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch