If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I truly enjoy a good pancake, but, I must confess, that I am kinda picky when it comes to their texture and flavor. I prefer my pancakes to have this delicate balance between fluffy and moist, and most importantly, packed with flavor. I am happy to say that after a great deal of trial and error I have come up with a recipe that satisfies all my pancake desires. These pancakes have a great deal of complementary flavors going on. The combination of spelt, honey, and citrus is a match made in heaven. These pancakes are fragrant from start to finish and are the perfect remedy for snapping one out of the winter time gloom. —The-Broken-Bread
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Spelt Flour
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Zest of 1 Medium Orange
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1 teaspoon Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Milk
- In a small bowl combine all dry ingredients, whisk a few times to aerate the mixture.
- In the second bowl, combine egg and honey first, and whisk until honey is fully incorporated.
- Once combined, add in lemon and orange zest, melted butter, followed by the milk, and stir until incorporated.
- Make a well in your dry mixture and add in the liquid. Mix until just combined; do not over mix. A few lumps in the mixture should remain.
- Lightly butter non stick pan or skillet, and using a 1/4 measuring cup, spoon batter onto skillet that is on medium heat.
- Flip pancake once some bubbles come up, and the edges appear to be a little dry. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm with maple syrup, or topping of choice.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe