If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These muffins are a great option for those who need a breakfast on the go, or for a slow paced morning. The Spelt flour in this recipe adds a nice earthiness to their flavor, while the addition of greek yogurt adds a pleasant tang. Freshly grated carrots, diced green apples, and fresh ginger, are folded into the batter, creating another layer of flavor. What is great about these muffins is that you can play around with the ingredients, add some nuts for crunch, or some fresh berries perhaps. —The-Broken-Bread
- 1 1/2 cups Spelt Flour
- 1/2 cup All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Finely Minced Ginger
- 1/2 cup Grapeseed Oil
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup + 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup Shredded Carrots
- 1 cup Diced Granny Smith Apple
- 2-3 tablespoons Demerara Sugar ~ Optional
- Pre-heat oven to 350F, and set rack to the center of the over.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, ginger, and greek yogurt and mix until smooth, then add in the diced apples and shredded carrots. Be sure to squeeze out excess water from carrots if needed.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix with a spoon or spatula until just combined. Be sure to not over mix the batter. Then, divide batter evenly amongst 12 cupcake liners.
- If desired, sprinkle each cupcake with a small amount of demerara sugar.
- Leave in tray for a few minutes, and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe