If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a little thing I’ve invented and fallen in love with recently called The Everything English Muffin. Sometimes the best meals are the ones that take 5 minutes to to make.
Now, in a perfect world where your favorite foods don’t have calories, I would eat an everything bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon for breakfast every single morning. But alas, that’s not how the world works, and there’s that nasty rumor floating around that eating a bagel is the equivalent of eating 6 slices of bread or something. Well, it’s probably not just a rumor. It’s probably very accurate.
So, I invented a solution: spread low-fat cream cheese on a toasted english muffin, and sprinkle it with everything bagel seasoning. While a bagel with cream cheese can be about 450 calories, this will run you just 155 (for an english muffin plus a 1/2 ounce of low-fat cream cheese). And it fully satisfies my craving for everything bagels! It tastes exactly the same! —foxeslovelemons
Everything Seed Mix
- 2 teaspoons dried minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
Everything English Muffin
- 1 English muffin
- 1/2 ounce low fat or regular cream cheese
- Sprinkle of Everything Seed Mix
- Make Everything Seed Mix: In small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Store at room temperature in airtight container. This makes enough for several weeks worth of Everything English Muffins.
- Make Everything English Muffin: In toaster, toast English muffin (the crispier, the better). Immediately smear with cream cheese and sprinkle with Everything Seed Mix.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch