If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite family recipes is my Nanny's Sausage & Egg Pie. While that deep-dish savory pie has a caloric intake high enough to kill a cow, this is a lighter version that ditches the pie crust and substitutes in turkey sausage. It is a total crowd pleaser (even with the kids), forgiving and easy to make. —eat-drink-garden
- 6 hardboiled eggs, thinly sliced
- 6 raw eggs
- 1 pound turkey sausage, in casings
- 1 bottle of beer
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- First, cook your sausage. Prick each sausage with a knife three times. Place in saucepan on medium-high heat and pour in the bottle of beer. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cook until beer evaporates, about 20 minutes. After sausage is cooked, slice into coins and about 1/4? thick.
- To prevent sticking, butter a 8 x 8 casserole. Layer sliced hard boiled eggs, sliced sausage and sliced mozzarella and continue to build about three layers. Don't worry about making it look perfect.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk the raw eggs and Dijon with a fork. Pour over the layers and top with the Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.