If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Best breakfast ever--soft scrambled eggs, spinach with a side of wheat toast topped with creamy avocado —ellent124
- 1-2 large eggs
- 1-2 tablespoons cream cheese or mascarpone, (optional)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- dash salt and pepper
- 1 slice wheat bread (rustic loaf is better)
- 1/4 avocado
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Melt one Tbsp. butter in non stick pan.
- Add crushed garlic and cook 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted. Remove to plate.
- Melt remaining butter in same skillet.
- Beat eggs with cheese until fully incorporated.
- Pour eggs into skillet and stir gently to form soft curds. Add salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, toast bread to liking.
- When eggs are cooked to soft stage, add to plate next to spinach.
- Spread avocado over toast to cover and serve with eggs and spinach,.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe