If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mom used to make this when I was a child. I thought it was strange that you would fry a banana! However, once I tried it, I knew why she liked it so much. To make this recipe vegan just swap the full fat plain yogurt for a vegan option. —Poppies and Papayas
teaspoon olive oil or coconut oil
banana (not very ripe, with slightly green stem)
cup quick oats
Pinch of sea salt
tablespoon maple syrup
Fresh berries (raspberries, blueberries, or blackberries)
tablespoon roasted walnuts, chopped
- In a small frying pan heat oil over medium heat. Slice banana in half lengthwise and cut into quarters. With flat side facing down place the banana quarters into the pan. They should make a sizzling noise. Allow the bananas to brown and flip onto other side.
- Toss the rolled oats around the bananas and sauté. Sprinkle everything with a pinch of salt.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the bananas and oats and sauté until bananas are browned and caramelized on the bottom as well.
- Place bananas onto plate and top with rolled oats. Garnish with a generous dollop of plain yogurt, fresh berries, and roasted walnuts.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe