If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hello Breakfast. In 5 minutes. Just keep some chimichurri in the fridge and you're only ever 5 minutes from the best breakfast or hangover helper. Whatever you need on any particular morning in a hurry. —Brussels Sprouts for Breakfast
Makes 1 breakfast burrito
for the breakfast burrito:
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chimichurri (recipe below)
- pinch of salt
- 1 burrito wrap
- Heat an egg pan or non-stick skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add butter and chimichurri.
- Whisk eggs, milk and salt in a bowl. Add eggs to pan and scramble until cooked, while still moist and fluffy.
- Pop burrito shell in microwave for 15 seconds to soften it and then wrap up chimichurri eggs to go!
for the cilantro chimichurri:
- 2 bunches cilantro (stems and leaves)
- 2 limes (juice only)
- 4 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 2 jalapenos (seeds removed from 1 or both)
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Put everything in the food processor or blender and blend until really smooth. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge for a couple of weeks. Adjust amount of jalapeno and seeds based on heat tolerance. Option 1: Both jalapenos and both seeds. Option 2: Both jalapenos and only half the seeds. Option 3: Both jalapenos and no seeds. Option 4: One jalapeno with no seeds. I used option 2, and the sauce came out like a medium salsa heat level.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe