If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Great, easy, simple, breakfast that looks really fancy! This has been a personal favorite whenever I’m in Mexico. Now it’s a personal favorite in my house every weekend. I love using farm fresh eggs and ripe tomatoes. —heather
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small, yellow, onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 10 ounces small red tomatoes
- 10 ounces small yellow tomatoes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed
- Salt and pepper
- 4-6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cilantro for garnish
- Heat a medium sized sauté pan, and add oil. Then add onion and sauté about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic, tomatoes, pepper and beans and sauté another 5-7 minutes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
- In a separate sauté pan, add oil and begin frying eggs. For sunny side up eggs, use a spoon to pour some of the hot cooking oil from the pan on top of the eggs. Once the eggs are fried, fry up the corn tortillas. They need about 30 seconds per side. To assemble, take one crispy tortilla, add a sunny side up egg, and top with tomato and bean salsa. Garnish with cilantro for an authentic Tex-Mex flavor.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe