If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: To be clear - this contest is quick morning breakfasts, right? Nowhere does it state that said breakfast must be virtuous or fully wholesome or vegetable-y or anything. Just want to make sure we are all on the same page. The chocolate for breakfast page. This was the grand finale in Ginger's Kitchen yesterday, it had us all throwing out thoughts and ideas, and it had us all very excited, and it was delicious. —Ginger's Kitchen
Serves 1 sandwich - share, or not.
- 2 slices very good bread, we used a whole grain 5 seed bread.
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- 1 ounce very good dark chocolate (ours was 70%)
- 3-4 strawberries - sliced
- 1 pat salted butter
- Spread the almond butter on one slice of bread and the cream cheese on the other. Arrange the chocolate and strawberries on one of the slices then top with the other slice.
- Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat and cook the sandwich grilled-cheese style until toasty on both sides.
- Cool slightly, pour coffee (or mimosa!) and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes: Breakfast & Brunch