If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I saw the most beautiful rack of lamb (Is that weird that I think a piece of meat is beautiful). We are addicted to our EGG® and this rack of lamb came out perfect! We were outside planing our Mums and I saw all of the mint growing so I decided to make a quick mint sauce. So yummy. I also roasted acorn squash (link recipe here) but I cut it i quarters. Amazing dinner!
This recipe also follows the paleo diet and is gluten free! Enjoy…
Note: You can quickly make this delicious mint sauce while your lamb is resting! —Cindy Anschutz
Ingredients for the Lamb
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 8-10 - bone racks of lamb
- 1 1/4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl combine dijon mustard, mint, garlic and onion powder.
- Take lamb and season both sides with salt and pepper then coat both sides with dijon mustard and garlic mixture then coat with herbs. Put into a large sealable bag and pour in olive oil. Seal and rub oil around the lamb. Place in a bowl (to prevent any leaks) and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- When ready to use remove from refrigerator and let come to room temperature 30 minutes before ready to prepare. This is a great time to heat The a EGG® to 500 degrees.
- Take lamb out of bag and set on a platter – cover the bones with foil (to prevent from burning and having a better presentation). Bring to the EGG® and place in the middle of the grate over the direct heat.
- Close the lid and let grill for 7 minutes. Flip for another 5 minutes. Remove from EGG® and tent for 10 minutes.
Ingredients for the Mint Sauce
- 1 cup fresh mint, leaves removed from stem
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 lemon juiced, 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Add all ingredients in your blender and combine weill. Store in refrigerator until ready to enjoy!
- Note:This will save well in your refrigerator for 1 month in a sealed container.