If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Clafoutis can be served for breakfast or a dessert. This dates and honey clafoutis is a perfect desserts and a perfect paleo recipe to share with your friends. —Cindy Anschutz
cup fresh dates
large eggs and 1 large egg yolk
tablespoons coconut flour
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon lemon zest
teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
Organic butter or Coconut oil (melted) for coating
Fresh mint for garnish and/or whole cinnamon sticks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Remove the pit from the date and chop them in bite size pieces pieces.
- Brush a medium size baking dish with melted butter or coconut oil.
- Take dates and lay an even layer in the baking dish.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs, yolk, honey, coconut flour, salt and whisk until smooth.
- Next add cream, lemon zest, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let it set for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Serve warm.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves and whole cinnamon sticks.
- Note: you can drizzle a little honey over the Clafoutis