Author Notes: This is like a low-maintenance omelette. On a weekday, it's a great family breakfast (or extras can be packed up for lunch.) Spend a few minutes cracking eggs and chopping while the oven preheats, then you're off the hook for at least 15 minutes. However it's just as good for a weekend brunch crowd--the recipe can be doubled and baked in two cake pans in the same amount of time--when instead of hopping in the shower you can have your first mimosa. —athomeblog
cup chopped fresh mint
tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
hot red chili pepper
tablespoons unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl.
- Finely chop herbs, de-seed and finely chop chili. Add herbs, chili, and cheese to bowl with eggs. Whisk well to combine.
- Put butter in oven-safe saute or omelette pan large enough to hold egg mixture. Put pan with butter in oven to melt butter, about one minute (to save time, do this while the oven finishes pre-heating.)
- When the butter has just melted, remove pan from the oven and swirl to coat bottom of pan and up the sides. Pour egg mixture into warmed pan. Return to oven and bake for 15-17 minutes, until the eggs have just set in the center and the edges are puffed and golden.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.