If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When my boyfriend's German parents visit, I often run to the farmer's market and grocery store for a variety of sliced meats, hard & soft cheeses and spreads. It's common in his region of Germany for some meals to be served as a Vesper, a snack or meal of cheese, bread and cold cuts, and I've come to really enjoy it. There's no wrong way to put together your favorite combination, but this one is my absolute favorite. The key to it, however, is using the best quality ingredients you can find. Use an unsalted, European-style butter with a high butterfat content or raw honey from your local farmer. Homemade or fresh bread works well, but because of the bold flavors you'll slather on top, stale bread can be masked too. —Ashley Marie
slice of your favorite bread
unsalted, high butterfat butter
your favorite honey
Brie or Camembert, white rind removed
- Warm, but do not toast your slice of bread.
- Slather it with a little butter, and then top with a little honey.
- Smear the brie cheese ontop and cover with some sliced ham.
- Enjoy the melting of flavors in your mouth. (You can slice it in half and fold it over like a sandwich like I did in the picture if it's easier to eat than open-faced)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe