If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My everyday breakfast with staying power. The oatmeal provides the foundation, the honey and fruit add sweetness, the egg, savoryness, and the pecans an earthy crunch factor. I add a touch of flaky salt to top the egg and counter the sweet. I find this meal to be a balance of healthy yet satisfying, and a great start to the day. It's quick to prepare and delicious. —E Isbell
cup old fashioned oats
cup chopped pecans
pinch flaky salt
cup almond milk or milk (optional)
cooking oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bring water to boil in small saucepan.
- Place omelet pan over medium- low heat to heat up pan.
- Spread pecans evenly on baking sheet and put in oven to toast for about 5-10 min or until toasted.
- Add oatmeal to boiling water, cooking about 5 - 10 min to your taste and evaporating all excess water.
- Spray omelet pan with cooking oil spray and crack egg. Cover with clear lid.
- When oatmeal done, add almond milk or milk (if using) and honey and stir.
- Remove oatmeal from pot to serving bowl and fold in blueberries.
- Remove pecans from oven when toasted and fold into oatmeal.
- When egg white is cooked through and yolk still yellow, remove.
- Top oatmeal with egg.
- Top egg with finishing salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe
More Great Recipes: