If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These walnut pear bran muffins are a delicious and healthy way to start off any morning. The sweetness from the pear and nuttiness from the bran compliments each other perfectly and leaves you wanting more. —Winnie Reeves
- 3/4 cup Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1/2 cup Wheat Bran
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup Vanilla/Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2 tablespoons Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup Bosc Pear, Shredded
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Flax Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place 8 paper liners in a muffin tin and set aside. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add whole wheat pastry flour, wheat bran, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flax seeds. Mix to combine.
- In a seperate mixing bowl, add the rest of the ingredients ( apple cider vinegar, yogurt, almond milk, applesauce, oil, vanilla extract and shredded pear) and whisk until completely combined. (Note: To avoid excess moisture in the muffins, squeeze out extra juice/fluid from shredded pear with a clean dish towel before adding to wet ingredients.)
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until all the dry ingredients are moisten. Stir in walnuts. Take care not to over mix batter. Evenly divide batter into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe