If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the best things about living in Italy, is gaining an appreciation of simply beautiful food. Here quality reigns and when dealing with quality goods, it's best to let their taste and beauty shine. This is my twist on the simple typical eat at home Italian breakfast "pane, burro e marmellata", substituting the "burro" for mascarpone.
I opted for strawberries as the season has just started here in Italy, and the market is filled with the sweet succulent fruit. The proportions are a guide, the ones I liked most, but spread on as you like and keep it simple. Enjoy! —Flirty Foodie
Serves 1 bruschetta
- 1 slice baguette or similar Italian bread, about 1/2 inch thick
- 1.5 tablespoons mascarpone
- 2 teaspoons strawberry jam
- 2 fresh strawberries, sliced
- lemon wedge
- Lightly toast bread on grill or in toaster oven. Spread mascarpone onto warm bread, followed with strawberry jam. Top bruschetta with fresh sliced strawberries and a pinch or two of lemon juice. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe