If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Let's be serious - french toast with ricotta is amazing, three-egg omelets are delish, but on the weekdays, I want to start the day with something a bit more basic, but tasty and filling nonetheless. The idea for this came while I was brewing my essential morning coffee and rubbing extra virgin olive oil on my elbows; it occurred to me: why not add some EVOO to my yogurt? I'm a big fan of olive oil gelato, and also a fan of adding olive oil to everything, so it was a logical breakfast creation.
For this recipe, I blend plain, full fat greek yogurt with raw coconut, then sprinkle with pecan pieces and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, finished with a touch of sea salt. It's sweet and salty and filling. I also sometimes use plain yogurt, and drizzle with honey and EVOO - even more medi-delicious. —Caitlin | Back2Spain
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup organic raw shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- honey (optional)
- If using coconut yogurt, pulse plain (I prefer full fat or 2%) greek yogurt with shredded coconut until semi-blended, not completely smooth.
- Sprinkle with pecan pieces.
- Drizzle with a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt. Drizzle with honey if you prefer your breakfast a bit sweeter or if using plain yogurt .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe